Announcement: English Teacher vacancies
TDT Creative Language Center, part of Ton Duc Thang University is looking for foreign English teachers and local English teachers for our university based in Ho Chi Minh City and its campuses in Nha Trang, Bao Loc and Ca Mau. This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy new environment and experience life and work in different parts of Vietnam.
1. Job requirements:
- Passion for work with young adults and teaching ESL.
- (Secondly,) You must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who likes to teach and work in a culturally diverse setting, and be open to learn and share knowledge.
- (Thirdly, )You must be ICT literate – be familiar with and use technology in and outside the classroom e.g. use office suite software, check and respond to email, find, upload and download teaching resources.
-All applicants must hold, at minimum, a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL);
- Previous teaching experience is preferred; however, newly ESL certified teachers with a degree are more than welcome to apply.
- A demo class at our center is a must after the interview session.
Competitive based on experience, education and performance;
3. Required Documents
For foreign English teachers:
- A copy of university degree
- Copy of criminal background report from home country that has been authenticated/ legalized by the Vietnamese Consulate in their home country or Vietnamese criminal background report if candidate lives in Vietnam for more than 6 months.
- A copy of ESL teaching certificate (CELTA, TEFL, TESOL).
- A copy of work permit and resident card. (If you have not had a work permit you need to submit a copy of legalized university degree obtain a work permit).
For local English teachers:
- A copy of your passport or Identtification card that (certified by local authorities)
- A copy of bachelor Degree in English (certified by local authorities)
- A biography (certified by local authorities)
- A copy of international certificate of English are required (IELTS 7.0/TOEFL PBT 243/TOEFL CBT 600/TOEFL iBT 96/ TOEIC 850 or equivalent)
- MA in TESOL/Applied Linguistics is preferred
- Minimum 3-year experience in teaching would be an advantage
- A professional résumé (attached file)
4. Work Details:
- Prepare for the lessons and teach the courses according to the syllabus provided by the University.
- Check and keep the University informed of students' attendance and participation.
- Perform syllabus evaluation at the end of the course.
- Perform other activities directly related to teaching requested by the University.
- Prepare test papers and conduct the progress tests according to the course syllabus assigned.
- Mark the tests and submit the scores of the students to the University by the time required.
- Attend the compulsory workshops and meetings organized by the University (twice every semester, 3 hours/session).
- All new teachers are required to attend orientation and introduction one week prior to the start of the academic year.
5. Contact details:
Ms.Bui Thi Phuong Lien - Director
TDT Creative Language Center
E0012, Building E - Ton Duc Thang University
19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC
Tel: (028) 3775 5064