Ton Duc Thang University would like to announce the recruitment for the first phase in 2022
Ton Duc Thang University would like to announce the recruitment for the first phase in 2022 as follows:
By May 5, 2022 (Applications should be hand-delivered or sent by postal mail to the Department of Personnel & Administrative Affairs)
Ton Duc Thang University, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Full-time English Lecturer
07 lecturers (03 Vietnamese, 04 foreigners)
5. Job description and requirements
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
5.1. For Vietnamese Lecturers:
- Hold a Master’s degree in English Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, TESOL;
- Have one of the following certificates (still valid): IELTS 7.0+; TOEFL PBT 243+/TOEFL CBT 600+/TOEFL iBT 90+; TOEIC 850+, or equivalent;
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least three years of university teaching experience.
5.2. For foreign lecturers:
- Native English speakers: British, Australian, American, Canadian, New Zealand, European, and other countries where English is the official language;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- For lecturers who do not have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English language teaching, a certificate in teaching English is required such as (TESOL; TEFL; CELTA; DELTA, ESOL; ELT-IC; TKT, …)
- Have at least 3 years of experience in teaching English.
*Preference will be given to candidates with university teaching experience.
- Research and master the teaching objectives, teaching programs, IELTS teaching methods, exam regulations, objectives and requirements of the assigned teaching levels, and students’ level of knowledge and skills.
- Design lectures and other necessary learning materials for teaching. Help learners understand clearly the goal of learning English and the training objectives of the University and the Center. Focus on teaching English according to IELTS standards. Carry out teaching according to the plans, content, and programs prescribed by the Center.
- Check students’ attendance and strictly comply with the regulations of the University to ensure that students attend classes and study diligently.
- Guide and encourage the students to participate in assessing the teaching and learning process.
- Learn and update knowledge regularly to be able to improve teaching methods, sharpen teaching skills, and enhance the quality of teaching and learning.
- Participate in other voluntary activities organized by the Center and the University.
- Design lesson plans, syllabuses, and other necessary teaching and learning materials for the assigned levels.
- Participate in the compilation of the exam question bank; carry out the assessment process to evaluate the students’ learning according to the University’s regulations.
- Prepare materials for teaching purposes.
- Take part in class observation activities to evaluate other lecturers’ teaching; participate in the process of development, implementation, and monitoring of the teaching and learning plans.
- Take part in different activities related to university admission; supervise the annual entrance exam, graduation exams, and other exams organized by the University (if any).
- Be on duty at the Center to guide learners on learning-related issues.
- Organize extracurricular activities and other activities according to the Center’s plans.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Head of the Center (if any).
For details, please see attached link: https://www.tdtu.edu.vn/
For more information related to recruitment, please contact the Department of Personnel & Administrative Affairs.
Phone number: (028) 37 755 035,