Announcement on recruiting English teachers
TDT Creative Language Center, part of Ton Duc Thang University, is looking for foreign English teachers and local English teachers for our University’s headquarters in Ho Chi Minh City and its campuses in Nha Trang, Bao Loc and Ca Mau. This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a new working environment and experience life in different parts of Vietnam.
- Job requirements:
- Firstly, you must be passionate about working with young adults and teaching ESL.
- Secondly, you must be a positive, outgoing, self-aware and reflective person who likes to teach and work in a culturally diverse setting and who is open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Thirdly, you must be ICT literate – that is, you must be familiar with and use technology in and outside the classroom e.g. use office suite software; check and respond to email; and find, upload and download teaching resources.
- All applicants must hold, at minimum, a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and an English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL).
- Three years of English teaching experience is strongly preferred; however, newly certified ESL teachers with a degree are more than welcome to apply.
- A demo class at our Center is compulsory following a formal interview session.
Competitive salary based on experience, education and performance.
- Required Documents
For foreign English teachers:
- A copy of a university degree.
- A copy of a criminal background report from home country that has been authenticated and legalized by the Vietnamese Consulate in their home country or, alternatively, a Vietnamese criminal background report if the candidate has lived in Vietnam for more than 6 months.
- A copy of an ESL teaching certificate (CELTA, TEFL, TESOL).
- A copy of a work permit and resident card. (If you have not had a work permit you need to submit a copy of a legalized university degree in order to obtain a work permit).
For local English teachers:
- A copy of your passport or Identification card (certified by local authorities).
- A copy of a bachelor’s degree in English (certified by local authorities).
- A biography (certified by local authorities).
- A copy of an international certificate in English is required (IELTS 7.0/TOEFL PBT 243/TOEFL CBT 600/TOEFT iBT 96/TOEIC 850 or equivalent).
- MA in TESOL/Applied Linguistics is preferred.
- Three or more years of teaching experience is also strongly preferred.
- A professional résumé.
- Work Details:
- Prepare for the lessons and teach the courses in accordance with the syllabus provided by the University.
- Check and keep the University informed of students’ attendance and participation.
- Perform syllabus evaluation at the end of the course.
- Perform other activities directly related to teaching as requested by the University.
- Prepare test papers and conduct progress tests according to the course syllabus assigned.
- Mark tests and submit the scores of the students to the University by the required deadline.
- Attend compulsory workshops and meetings organized by the university (twice every semester, 3 hours/session).
- All new teachers are required to attend orientation and introduction one week prior to the start of the academic year.
- Contact details:
TDT Creative Language Center
E0012, Building E – Ton Duc Thang University
19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC
Tel: (+84) (28) 377 55 064