Training Vietnamese teachers of English for Children
1. Course Aim: This course is to help train elementary school English language teachers (most of whom are graduates from three-year teachers training colleges that fails to pay proper attention to the linguistic and methodological dichotomy between adults and children) or students who desire to get a certificate in teaching English for children so that they can be more competent to teach English to young and very young children.
2. Course Goals:
- To improve the ability of participants in their use of English that is better suited for the purpose of daily communication and activities by Vietnamese children in the Vietnamese context.
- To help cut down the cost of learning English for children, especially those of low-income Vietnamese families.
- To provide participants with a new playing field where they can get together and create, through their collective effort, a collection of activities/language games/stories/pictures of daily scenes in Vietnam, etc., that can later be used as a resource book in their private English language classes or as a supplement to their state-mandated textbooks in a public-school setting.
- Learning outcomes: Participants will leave the training course with the knowledge of, and skills in, designing and implementing various interesting and engaging learning activities that are being experimented or carried out by their colleagues in different parts of the world, as well as with a repertoire of useful and ready-for-use scaffolding materials and tools to help them more easily fulfill their roles as teachers of English for Vietnamese children.
3. Course requirement:
Participants have to be:
- elementary school English teachers or
- students with the certificate of proficiency in English at level B1 (equivalent to PET/ FCE 140, IELTS 5.0)
4. Schedule and Fee:
Please access the link: https://goo.gl/ANXN2Y for registration
6. Contact information:
For more information, please contact TDT Creative Language Center
Telephone number: (028) 3776 1039,
Room E0004, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh city